Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Cooking is an art... And presenting your food is another art... Well, I believe if food in front of you doesn't look appetizing to you, then you are not going to enjoy the food... So,most of the time, I try to present the meal beautifully, which attracts the family itself to the dinner table...

Every month, I bake with Bread Bakers... Every time, I try to come out of my comfort zone, and try to bake something which is new to me... This month's theme is Yeast Flat breads... Being Indian, I always make Flat Breads, as it is our staple food..... So, I decided to bake something about which I have never heard off... And google landed me to this Italian Flat bread " Focaccia". It is the best bread I ever had... So, full of flavors, and delicious... I got this recipe from All Recipes.com .... But, altered it according to my taste...



#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. This Month's theme is Yeasty FlatBreads, and is hosted by Mireille.... You can follow her in The Schizo Chef....

While, you are here, I will advise you to go and look at some other delicious Flat breads, baked by the awesome Breadbakers of our group...
BreadBakers

Ingredients you will need to make 2 loafs - 
  1. All Purpose flour (Maida) - 3 cups + 1/2 cup as required
  2. Rapid Rise Yeast - 1 sachet (2 1/2 tsp)
  3. Sugar - 1tbsp
  4. Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
  5. Olive Oil to spray
  6. Salt - 1tbsp
  7. Garlic Salt - 1 tbsp
  8. Italian herb - 1 tbsp
  9. Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tbsp
  10. Parmesan Cheese and Mozarella Cheese - 1 cup
  11. Water - 1cup
Directions you will need to follow - 
  • Heat 1 cup of water to lukewarm, add sugar and yeast, stir and leave it aside for 10 minutes to froth.
  • In a big vessel, take All purpose flour, 1tbsp of Olive oil, Garlic Salt, Italian herb and  black pepper powder.

  • Whisk and add yeast mixture.
  • Knead.. The dough might be sticky.
  • Transfer the dough on the floored surface, and knead till it is well mixed,for about 5-7 minutes..You may need more flour to knead the dough.

  • Now, put the kneaded dough back in a vessel, Spray Olive Oil in it, and put the vessel in a warm temperature for 20 minutes.
  • When the dough in doubled, punch it back, and knead for a minute.
  • Divide the dough, in 2 equal parts.
  • Spread 1 part of dough, on a baking tray.
  • Meanwhile, preheat the oven.
  • Pinch the dough at a distance of 1 inch.

  • Spray it with an Olive oil.
  • Now, place slices of Onions, at some distance randomly, and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on it.

  • Repeat the same, with other part of dough.
  • Now, bake it for 20-25 minutes, till it is golden brown in color.
  • Let it rest for couple of minutes.

  • Cut and serve it warm..


Comments

Unknown said…
I do enjoy a good focaccia and I like the onion topping on yours.
Unknown said…
We love focaccia with fruit on the side for a light lunch. Your version is beautiful and I can imagine how tasty it must be with the onion.
Cheesy goodness!! A big slice or two, with a bowl of warm soup, my dinner is settled!!
Jennifer Field said…
Lovely focaccia! One of my favorites. It's funny how different breads are familiar or new based on where we live and how we grow up. Indian flatbreads are some of my favorites in the world, but they seem sort of exotic to this American. Focaccia has become very popular here, partly because of Italian restaurants. =)
Karen said…
How cool to step outside your comfort zone and discover the best bread you've ever had! It looks fantastic!
Focaccia is one of my favorites and you've made a beautiful version with onion, really nice!
I not only love that you went outside of your comfort zone for this beautiful focaccia but you made it your own. Impressive!
I love these clubs because of the different cultures and countries we get to visit. I have made lots of focaccia but had never made naan so I switched my breads around for the same reason you did. Your focaccia turned out beautifully.
Unknown said…
I love focaccia alone or as a sandwich bread. Yours looks delicious!
Chef Mireille said…
kudos to stepping out of your comfort zone....focaccia looks so great..it's one of my faves!
Shilpi Prasad said…
Thanks Guys, for your lovely comments...
Georgina said…
Beautiful Shilpi...love your version of Focaccia bread! Kudos for stepping out of your comfort zone each time.
Hezzi-D said…
I've only ever made focaccia once and it didn't work so well. I love the onions and cheese on your version and need to give it a try!
Kelster said…
I love focaccia! This is a reminder to make another soon.
Stacy Rushton said…
I love that you step outside your comfort zone for these posts, Shilpi. Your focaccia turned out beautifully! Well done!
vimalalakshmi said…
Your focaccia is tempting me to eat.......yummy bread with cheesy top...
Padmajha said…
Looks so good with the cheese and onion topping!!
Shireen said…
I share the same sentiments as you do Shilpi! Food that is presented well is such a beautiful sight and adds to the experience of enjoying it. Your bread looks marvellous!
Pavani said…
Your focaccia looks perfect -- so soft & fluffy. Love the cheesy topping.
Sneha's Recipe said…
Yummy and cheesy focaccia, looks delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers