Shahi Paneer

Guests are coming over for dinner...Do not have much time to cook... Well, thanks to my hubby for not informing me beforehand.... Have 3 hours in hand, and had to cook complete dinner.... I definitely love cooking, but then I like to decide my lunch/dinner menu, 1 day in advance... And if I am inviting guests over, I make a menu couple of days in advance, so I have enough time in hand, that I can do all the preparation, and my food is ready before time... And I can spend time with the guests, rather than spending it in kitchen.... I wanted to serve them the best food ever.... Though, the recipe got developed accidentally, but I will confess it's the delicious Paneer curry ever....

After taking 1st bite, my friend asked me, " Hey, did you made this curry by yourself, or you ordered it from somewhere"... Well, my only reaction was to smile....My mission accomplished....


Ingredients for 2 people
  1. Paneer - 6-8 pieces per person 
  2. Onions - 1/4 Big onion ( sliced)
  3. Garlic - 4 cloves
  4. Ginger paste - 1 tsp
  5. Tomato paste - 3 tomatoes (medium size)
  6. Cumin Powder - 1 Teaspoon  
  7. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
  8. Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
  9. Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
  10. Cashew - 12-15 pieces
  11. Cream- 1/2 cup 
  12. Cooking oil- 1 Tbsp
  13. Water as reqd.



Directions-
  • Fry sliced Onions in a pan with Zeera, Badi Elaichi and Gol Mirch... Transfer it in a bowl, and let it cool.... 



  • Now, in a blender make a paste of fried onions with garlic, ginger and Cashew....

  • Add 1tbsp of oil to the pan, and let it heat for couple of minutes. Now, add this paste to the heated pan.... Add salt, turmeric powder, Chilli powder, cumin powder, Coriander powder to the pastte and Saute for about 5 minutes....
  • Meanwhile, make a puree of tomato, add in this paste and cook till there is no more raw smell of tomatoes.....

  • Make triangular slices of Paneer.
  • Add the pieces of paneer in this gravy. Stir it softly, as Paneer might can break.
  • Cook on medium heat for another 10 minutes...

  • Switch off the flame, and add 1/2 cup of cream to the curry.....   

  • Enjoy it with tortilla/ roti/naan/ Jeera Rice.....

NOTE - Check out the way to make a Paneer at home.

Comments

kanchan said…
Hi...
Nice recipe. Did you miss to include tomatoes in the list? Pls confirm how many tomatoes used.
Shilpi Prasad said…
Hey, thanx kanchan, for your prompt response.... It's a paste of 3 tomatoes....

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers