Nimki

Everybody's childhood memories are the special ones. My mom is a great cook, and she has a perfect hand in traditional foods..... Few of these Snacks, are following from generations.... My grandmother's mother use to cook for her child, then my grandmother use to cook for my mother, and then my mother use to cook for we siblings..... I am continuing the tradition, and making these snacks for my kiddo. Nimki was use to be one of the important snacks in the festivals.... Well, I am trying to continue this tradition and making traditional sweets in festivals....
Now, I know how my mother use to feels and the amount of satisfaction she gets when she see her kiddo's face beaming with happiness, after eating these Snacks. My mom has some specialty foods and Nimki is one of them..... I do not know, whether I will ever be able to reach that amount of perfection...... But, yes my Kiddo was happy to eat this Snack....
When we were growing up, my mom use to make Nimki as our evening snacks.... And we had a very typical taste of eating these Nimki's, with tomato Ketchup... It was meant to be our snack, but we always use to take 2-3 servings, and then we had to miss our Dinner, as we were so full.....




Ingredients-
  1. All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 cup
  2. Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) - 1cup
  3. Semolina (Suzi) - 1cup
  4. Oil - 2 cups (for frying) +1/4 cup
  5. Mangrela- Ajwain- 1 tsp
  6. Asafoetida (Hing)-  1/2 tsp
  7. Salt to taste
  8. Water as required


Directions -
  • Heat 1/4 cup of oil and let it cool down for another half an hour.
  • Mix All Purpose flour, Whole Wheat flour with Semolina, 1/4 cup of oil, Mangrela- Ajwain, salt and Asafetida.
  • By adding, little amount of water make a tight dough out of this flour mixture.

  • Cover the dough with a warm wet cloth for half an hour.
  • Again, knead the dough for couple of minutes.
  • Now, take a dough of double size of Walnut.
  • Roll it of 1/4 inch of thickness, and cut it in your desired shape...
  • By the other end of Knife, take these cut pieces out.
  • In a big pan, add 1 cup of oil and heat it.
  • Add these cut pieces, in the heated oil and fry till it turns golden brown in color.
  • Can be enjoyed hot as well as cold.
  • Can be stored in a tight container for 15 days.

Comments

Ansh said…
Looks so crispy and yummy
Shilpi Prasad said…
Thanx Anshie, I m glad you visited my blog, thanx again.....

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers